08 Nov Partial Nail Avulsion Dressing Instructions
You have recently undergone a Partial Nail Avulsion and have had your first dressing changed. Please follow the instructions below:
Your toe has had a minor surgical procedure, so REDNESS and a clear, yellow discharge around the area is normal.
If at any time there is an increase in discomfort or pain, CONTACT the rooms immediately.
As long as the dressing instructions are followed there is little chance of any secondary complications
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with the rooms if you have any queries or concerns.
- Use a container large enough to accommodate your foot.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of TABLE SALT/EPSOM SALTS to lukewarm water.
- Stir until all dissolved.
- Soak your foot for a minimum of 10 MINUTES.
- Use a COTTON TIP to remove any exudate from the wound.
- Apply the recommended ANTISEPTIC OINTMENT/CREAM using a cotton tip.
- Cover the toe with GAUZE and secure to the toe using MICROPORE PLASTER.
- DO NOT get the toe wet in shower/bath. (Only daily soaks in saline – see point 2)
- Please continue your dressing changes ONCE a day for ± 7 DAYS.
- DO NOT PULL THE PLASTER TIGHT.
Russel Rubin BSc Hons (UK) NHD Pod (SA)
Trevor Proskewitz BSc Hons (UK) ND Pod (SA)